Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A Tale of Target

ON Saturday, we headed to Target to get a birthday gift for one of H's classmates.

True to form, S decided he NEEDED to ride in a cart and it NEEDED to be a big red one, so R gets one and brings it over to where the kids and I are checking out the Dollar Spot stuff. When R realizes what all we're NOT getting and sees we really don't need a cart, he goes to put it back, leaving me with the kids.

Naturally all 3 kids are begging for various things. There are a couple of Tinkerbell items that would make good stocking stuffers for the girls, but I can't pick them up with the girls there.

I see Roger behind me with a cart. I back up to him, get very close, lean over, and say, "I need to come back here alone. Without the kids. Just some mommy time, okay?". Not taking my eyes off the children to make sure they aren't filling their hands with things we *need*.

He says nothing, so I sigh and tell him I'd really like to just spend some time alone with him for a change and not have the children with us every waking moment. Still no comment.

Meanwhile, A is shoving S, so I go over and separate them just as R comes up with the big red cart again. He tells me hi and sorry for leaving but he figured we did need the big cart after all.

WHAT?

I look up.... and finally look around me.

There is a man wearing a blue shirt (same as R) who is giving me the oddest look as he beats a hasty retreat away from me. Apparently it was HIM I was getting close to and not R at all!!!

Can't you just imagine what must have been going through his head?? LOL

2 Comments:

Blogger pithydithy said...

Oh my garsh, that is really freaking hilarious. Let me tell you, if that strange man had been Mr. P, he'd have stayed right there to hear more about what you were offering, lol.

24 September, 2008 06:02  
Blogger Cori said...

LOL! That totally sounds like something I'd do.

24 September, 2008 09:17  

Post a Comment

<< Home