Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Joys of Boys

Being a mom of girls, I used to giggle when people would tell me stories of their sons and their fascination with certain parts of their anatomy. Then when my own son was born and he left it alone, I figured I was doing something right.

Then he potty trained.

And found out wearing underwear - or going commando - gives easy access to everything.

More often than I care to think about, I find the child pantless, giving it a yank for all he's worth. Last week, he discovered he doesn't even have to pull down the undies to get at it - there's that convenient little hole in the front of his shorts! Just big enough to put a small hand in! Check it out, Mom!

My other favorite is the convinction that he cannot have his pants on in order to use the toilet. Cuz there's nothing like being in the middle of the Denver or Chicago airport and having your two year old hollering "I NEED TO PEE!!!" and he drops his drawers right where he stands. This one I'm blaming on his sister (see "Full Moon on Monday" for THAT story). Or when he gets up in the mornings, upzips his footie jammies, rips off the (still dry) PullUp, and then attempts to run to the bathroom with his jammies still around his ankle.

One of these days, he's going to kill himself, I swear.... if he doesn't kill me first!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home