Tuesday, December 04, 2007

my 2 yo is smarter than I am

Little toad that he is!!

S is all about snacks these days. He'd rather snack than eat a meal, which isn't something I have a whole lot of patience for (I HATE the grazers, hate hate hate them!!). So we've gone back to basics - meals at mealtimes, snacks in reasonable amounts at snack time.

This morning, he asked for several helpings of cereal. He gets diarrhea when he drinks milk, so I just give him dry cereal. And typical of a toddler, sometimes he will eat like he's starving... so I gave him several helpings.

While all this is occuring, I am getting the girls fed & ready for school, making lunches, trying to explain to another 2yo why I don't want him driving the little cars all over my wooden cabinets, and juggling a 7mo whiny baby. So I'm not paying TOO much attention to S unless he's demanding it.

Right after lunch (pizza), he asks for a snack. I tell him no, and remind him we JUST had lunch AND we'll have snack when the girls get home. He smiles ever so sweetly and says "OK, Mommy" as he buggers off to do whatever it is he does.

Shortly thereafter, I notice him munching on a handful of cereal. So I watch.

The little DEMON had taken his cereal from this morning and dumped it into the "trunk" of his tricycle.... creating his OWN freaking snack stash for later!!

I HATE it when they outsmart me!

1 Comments:

Blogger MB said...

THAT is priceless. I love that story. Smart goober!

10 December, 2007 14:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home