Thursday, August 30, 2007

Only in OK

So I'm driving along this morning, taking A to school. While we live in a more rural area, it's certainly well populated with the usual subdivisions, homes, WalMart, and Target. The roads are normal roads that stretch alongside homes. You know, like pretty much everywhere.

So imagine my surprise as I drive down one and see something moving in the bushes off to my left... and out of the bushes pop 3 freaking bison! The first was pretty big, looked at me calmly (yeah, I hit the brakes and said "OMG! Kids look - buffaloes!"), and walked on past. The other two followed along. Nobody appeared concerned.

I briefly wondered about backing up and letting the kids have another look - after all, when was the last time you had a bison stare into your vehicle? - then thought perhaps I should go ring some doorbells and find out where they belonged.

However, true to OK, the next driveway held a llama and a donkey.... and the apparent owners of the bison.

I assume they rounded them all up safely as I saw no wrecks, dead buffalo, or people running around on our return trip.

And here I thought people watching at WalMart was fun. ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger Gayle said...

How Cool! There is a ranch near us that is raising a herd of bison, but I don't think any have gotten loose!

31 August, 2007 14:59  

Post a Comment

<< Home