Sunday, August 05, 2007

MOM magnet, hard at work

A fine example of just how powerful the pull of the MOM magnet really is.

Friday afternoon, I just wanted some time to myself. Alone. With no children. Or adults. Or even animals, for that matter. Had a glass of wine and was chatting to a friend through MSN.

We have a house. A big house. With plenty of rooms, televisions, surfaces to sit or lie on, and even other computers. Spread throughout the house. Lots of room for five people, three dogs, and three cats to be apart from each other.

So why did I suddenly have four other people and three dogs in this room with me?

Right. The MOM magnet and its irrestistable freaky force of nature.

I finally had enough, shut the laptop, picked it and my glass of wine up, and stalked outside. Turned on the fan to blow off some of the 95F temp and 8000% humidity, sat down and opened up the laptop again.

BANG!!

The screen door blew open and out came child #3.

BOOM!!

The door flew open again, and child #2 came out, accompanied by dogs 2 & 3.

Cat #3 meowed piteously at the now-open door.

Not five minutes later, dh came out, followed by child 1. Oh, and dog 1. And cat 3 managed to sneak out at some point aas well, winding his sleek body around my ankles.

The force I exude amazes me. At this point, I surrendered, checked our mystery plant, discovered a fruit ripe for picking, and asked mb if cantaloupe went well with wine.

She assured me it did, and she was right. Went so well, in fact, I was forced to drink the remaining white wine. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger pithydithy said...

LOL, I remember following my mom around like that. What you need is a poking stick.

05 August, 2007 16:57  
Blogger MB said...

Wine goes with anything. Anything, I say!

07 August, 2007 08:19  

Post a Comment

<< Home