Friday, October 17, 2008

the one in which my brother laughs back

My brother and his significant other (whom we all ADORE) visited last weekend. Aside from having to face the pumpkin patch with A's kindergarten class and a RAGING hangover, I very much enjoyed their visit.

My brother called the day after they got home, asking for laundry advice. Apparently he washed J's white LuLu jacket with one of his red shirts and the jacket was now pink. I wished him luck and gave him a couple of suggestions, including just fessing up to her and maybe she liked pink!!

Several phone calls later, the jacket was still pink and all options were exhausted. He admitted defeat and said he was going to tell her and buy her another.

In the end, he called back laughing. Turns out the jacket was pink all along!! I laughed pretty hard at this.

But he got me back.

The carpet in the kids playroom has been getting stinkier, so I went up there after dark with my stinkfinder light, intending to find all the spots that needed some extra attention when I scrubbed it today. Figured I'd circle them with a washable marker that I use when I sew and it would simply shampoo out.

First marker didn't leave marks, so I went downstairs in search of a thicker marker (and you ALL know where this is going, don't you!).

Found a bright blue on in the cupboard. Scribbled on my hand - PERFECT. Went upstairs and tried again. It still wasn't great, but I found if I made several circles around the spot, it showed up well.

So I spent half an hour crawling around drawing blue circles on the carpet. I was pretty pleased with myself when I went in to wash the marker spots off my hand.

Except.....

the blue didn't wash off.

Because....

some idiot (ME!) didn't check to make sure it was a freaking WASHABLE marker. And good ole Murphy and his damn law made sure I grabbed probably the ONLY non-washable Crayola marker in this entire house.

SERIOUSLY! How did this happen? I mean, I have little kids here all week and they love to color! And I KNOW better than to allow any non-washable markers in this house!! I literally have STACKS of brand-new Crayola washable markers in the cupboard (hey, gotta stock up when Target puts them on for $1 at Back to School time!), yet I manage to grab one that isn't washable?

And yes, it was Crayola.

My brother thought it was pretty funny.

And today I will be scrubbing blue ink from the carpet and reminding myself not to yell at the next child who writes on the floor..... ;)

Karma..... it'll get you every time.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe I've just had my 15 seconds of fame!

01 December, 2008 14:32  

Post a Comment

<< Home