Thursday, February 09, 2006

The logic of bandaids

Yesterday I noticed a cut on A's finger while helping her wash her hands. I asked her what happened. With all the gooberiness of a 3yo, she informed me "I hurt it". After several redirections of "I know you hurt it, but how" that were answered with either "Because I hurt it" or just "I hurt it", I gave up.

Approximately four hours later, H marches into the kitchen and tells me A cut her finger and needs a bandaid, and that SHE will take care of putting it on A's finger. Fine by me.

So, our conversation at dinner last night:
DH - What is that on A's sleeve? (pointing to a yellow circle on the underside of her upper arm)
Me - Umm... that's a bandaid. She hurt her finger.
DH - So why is it on her shirt then?
Me - Cuz she hurt her finger, dammit.
DH - I'm not following you. If she hurt her finger, why is it on her sleeve?
Me - Because THAT is where she wants it, and that's where it makes her finger FEEL BETTER!!!
DH - You guys are all weird.

Methinks he's not spending enough time with 3 year olds if he really needed me to tell him all that!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yahooooooooooooooooooooo!

21 February, 2006 13:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home