Tuesday, February 28, 2006

WalMart is evil.

A while back, I tried a recipe that called for an 8.75oz can of corn.

I found corn beside the beans, but only in 14.5oz cans. I looked all over the shelves, but there was only the one size. So that's what I went with, assuming WalMart didn't carry any, and figuring it wasn't worth going elsewhere just to buy a smaller can.

Since then, I've been back for the same recipe a couple of times and continued to buy corn in that size. In the canned veggie aisle. Right after the beans.

So last night I was going down that aisle the opposite way from how I usually go. And what do I notice about halfway down?

Small cans of corn.

Great, I think. WalMart's started carrying the small cans!! I grab one, toss it in the cart, and carry on to the beans. But ya know, the beans I need (kidney and pinto) are no longer right beside the corn. Now they have canned green beans there. I hate WalMart. They are forever changing things around.

So I kep walking down the aisle looking for the stupid kidney and pinto beans, and what do I find right after the green beans?

Big cans of corn, followed by the beans I need.

WHO THE HELL ORGANIZES WALMART? What POSSIBLE reason is there for not putting ALL the canned corn together? And who in their right mind (besides all of you, because I just told you) would think to look SOMEWHERE ELSE for a different size of corn??

I swear, they do it to me on purpose.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stina said...

Kenna? Is that you? I didn't know you had another blog!!! I'm putting a lovely little link to your journal on mine... and no, I don't think you'll need to follow me in two places. I'm leaning away from TLOL a bit and find I like posting here a bit better. I've also found the message boards where I can keep in touch with my TLOL pals without having to maintain two journals!! How're things going? TTYL

08 April, 2006 17:18  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's probably the same reason as to why all the magazines and junk food are right at the checkout aisle. If they change around their shelves, that's more time you have to spend in Walmart, and the more time they have to convince you that you need something else to buy.

I swear it'd be something crazy like that.

06 May, 2006 14:57  

Post a Comment

<< Home