Monday, July 13, 2009

Funny. but not funny.

My mom has a habit when she visits of putting my knives in the sink to wash... then forgetting they are there and slicing her hand when she reaches in.

Today I was washing knives and thinking how funny/not funny it is that she does that. See, I usually leave the knife on the counter until I am ready to wash it, then pick it up by the handle and wash the blade, never letting the knife go.... thus never putting it in a position where I could unknowingly cut myself.

Right?

Right.

Except there is my good ole friend Murphy and his stinky Law.

So today, as I was washing a knife and thinking I was SO SMART for washing them the way I do and not cutting my finger on them, one of the kids asked me something. I paused with the knife in my left hand, scrubber in my right, and turned to reply... which is when Mr. Murphy kindly grabbed my right hand and sliced my finger open with the knife.

(ok, so I did it myself by moving my hand too close to the knife... still... the irony of it all kills me)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home