Friday, June 26, 2009

Daycare Dramatics

R (9.5yrs) & Amber (8.5yrs) arrive. I CLEARLY explain they are ALL going upstairs to QUIETLY watch a movie, that the girls are tired and need to rest, that they are not to do anything other than watch a movie, NO video games, NO toys, NO NOTHING. Sit there, lie there, I don't care, it's QUIET REST TIME and you need to be QUIET and REST.

R asks if they can play video games

Did I not just say NO?

Then he asks why.

My head flies off as I spew profanities at him.

They all disappear upstairs.

R comes back downstairs and asks if I know where "The Wild" is.

I say no.

He asks again, you know, in case I know THIS time.

I say no again.

He asks a third time.

I lose my mind and ask if he can SEE THE PILE OF SHIT in front of the TV, point out it's probably in that big pile, and perhaps THEY SHOULD LOOK FOR IT because I have picked up the damn DVDs TOO MANY TIMES already this week and I'm not doing it again, if they can't take care of them I sure as hell can't be bothered to go find it for them.

He whines - actually WHINES!!! - "But Aaaaaa and I waaaaant to seeeeee it! It's the ooooooooooooonly one we waaaaaaaaaaaaant"

My head flies off and explodes.

H yells down the stairs, "R YOU BETTER STOP SHE'S NOT NICE WHEN YOU DON'T LISTEN!!!!"

I guess I AM getting through on SOME level to her after all......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home