Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Sex Ed.

H asked yesterdy if all babies start in their mommy's tummies...... I said yes.

Of course, that's not good enough for her, and she wants to know how they get in there to begin with.

So I give her the short & curly verison about Mommy & Daddy loving each other and deciding they want to have a baby together, and how Mommy has an egg and Daddy gives her a sperm, and taaa daaa, baby.

Fortunately for me she doesn't ask HOW Daddy gives a sperm, but rather, wants to know more about how the egg & sperm actually become a human baby.

So I explain that every person starts off as two tiny cells coming together, and those two cells just keep making more cells, and those cells eventually all get together with their buddies to make different parts of a baby - like the heart cells hang out and make a heart, leg cells make a leg... armies make an arm... you get it.

Again, I am relieved she doesn't want an explanation of how babies get OUT, although I think I'd rather tackle that one that how it gets in there.

SO

The kids are sitting here having lunch and H is lecturing them on how babies are made.

Great. ;) Can't wait to explain to DCM why B (daycare boy) is telling her that at dinner.....

HOWEVER

My personal favorite?

She leans over the chair I'm sitting in and says, "Mom, why did you have three of us??"

Some days I ask myself the very same thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home