Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My pedometer is mocking me.

I bought one this past Saturday at Weight Watchers and I cannot for the life of me get it to accurately count my steps! Sometimes it counts extras, other times it just sits there and mocks me. I walked all over the playground on Saturday and it showed zero steps, yet when I threw it in my jacket pocket and tossed it on the bench, it decided I'd gone 30 steps.

I put it on when I jogged on Monday and hit almost 6000.... was super excited, figured whatever glitch it was having had worked itself out as its distance total was close to what my Garmin Forerunner said, but after I showered and put it back on, the pedometer had apparently gone back to bed. Despite being all over the place this morning, it stubbornly sat like a little pouty kid, refusing to click any more steps in.

As if that wasn't bad enough, the last time when I went to check and see if it was catching any of the steps, I swear it made a surly face at me right before it reset itself. And by reset, I mean I had to go back in and re-enter all of the personal info (height, weight, gender, etc). Restart, do not pass Go, do not collect $200. You lose.

I HAD thought it might just be the placement of it (although I don't get why it was fine when I ran in the am and not the rest of the time....) but now I think perhaps it is the embodiment of a 4yo child and really is just trying to drive me mental. :)

It is currently on the counter as it is NOT behaving at all, and I swear I can hear it snickering.... LOL When it did the reset thing, I thought maybe it was just the battery.... but changing it didn't help. It's not being friendly..... And I WANT it to be my friend! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home