Sunday, July 30, 2006

And the cat fell in

Sam is not your ordinary cat. He is quite extraordinary.

We did not choose him. He chose us. The cat room at the animal shelter was full of cats - every age and color you could possibly want. We'd narrowed it down to a couple of young kittens when I noticed this black paw madly gesturing (yes, gesturing!) at me.

I stopped and looked. There was a black kitten turning somersaults and shoving his paws out in an attempt to get my attention.

It worked. Eight and a half months pregnant, broken ankle, and five small children in tow, I went back the next day and adopted him.

Ever since then, he's been unique. He LOVES to sit on the edge of the bathtub while someone takes a bath. And we've always joked that we'll just push him in one of these days.

But for a year, he's done nothing more than get the tip of his tail wet. And he only does that so he can flick water in my face.

Tonight, however, Samson fell in.

And I damn near died laughing.

I was in the tub with S. Sam decided sitting on the outside edge licking the faucet wasn't good enough (of COURSE not, how COULD it possibly be??), so he hopped over to the far corner. He was doing fine until he tried to turn around.

And it happened.

Sam fell in.

I put one hand out in an attempt to catch him, mostly because I figured he might freak out and claw the baby and me half to death. It was no good though as he hit the water anyways. It was like something out of a RoadRunner cartoon when Wile E Coyote runs off the edge of the cliff. Samson's legs were all going a million miles an hour. Water splashed everywhere. R and I were literally falling over with laughter (great pet parents that we are). Even baby S laughed with us, although I think he was laughing at Mum and Dad more than the stupid cat.

The cat escaped unharmed and retreated to the bedroom to dry himself off and regain his dignity.

It only took about 15 minutes before he was back, cruising along the side of the tub and licking the faucet.

Stupid cat. :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Stina said...

Silly Kitty!! That's a great story!!

How is S anyway? It's hard to believe these not so tiny babies of ours are going to be one in not too much longer. Does he have any more teeth? TTYL

30 July, 2006 22:03  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG that is good!!!

Summer

30 July, 2006 22:19  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was too funny. Of course the kids think I have lsot my mind since I was laughing so hard.

31 July, 2006 18:35  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL...way too funny!

We thought something like that was going to happen to Austin. When we were at MIL's for the 4th of July, he kept getting really, really close to the pool.

31 July, 2006 21:38  

Post a Comment

<< Home