Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds

Last night I was in the bath with A when she started singing "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds".

Given that she's only 3 years old, I was a bit surprised. I called R in to listen to her and asked if he could believe it. He looked at me and asked how she knew that song.

Damned if I know.

So I did the obvious - I asked her. And sometimes the obvious is just TOO obvious, when it comes to three year olds! Our conversation went something like this:
Me: A, who taught you that song?
A: Lucy did!
Me: And where did you hear that song?
A: In the sky! (giggles)
Me: Did somebody sing that song, and you heard it?
A: MOM! Lucy taught me in the sky!

OK, apparently I'm not going to get anywhere with figuring it out! But honestly, I don't recall it being on the radio lately, *I* haven't been singing it, and it's not the kind of song the kids singers on Noggin would be singing.

I suppose I just need to figure out who Lucy is.... **sigh**

3 Comments:

Blogger Stina said...

Did you have the movie "I Am Sam" on anywhere? Was she at a friends house and watched the movie? I remember the little girls name was Lucy in the movie and she and her dad would sing the song. Good luck finding Lucy! TTYL

02 August, 2006 19:59  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is funny, and I could totally see my girls doing that exact thing.

How is going girl?

03 August, 2006 06:45  
Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

:) That's cute. It's all downhill, from here on out. They get bombarded with information from outside sources, and you wonder WHERE they heard the strangest stuff!

03 August, 2006 23:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home