Friday, April 21, 2006

It's NOT a tomato.

Aaah. Dinner time with a preschooler. There's nothing like it.

The other night, I made a pot of spaghetti sauce. So naturally we had spaghetti for dinner. As we sat out on the patio, enjoying the spring weather and yummy skettis, A speared a big chunk of tomato on her fork and held it up to me.

"I don't LIKE tomatoes, MOM!"

I looked at her and said the only thing that came to mind. "It's NOT a tomato, A. It's spaghetti sauce. Now eat it!"

And she did, with no further comments except to ask for more.

4 Comments:

Blogger pithydithy said...

LOL, that's the truth, too. I know of several people who don't like tomatoes but do like spaghetti sauce. They're adults, too-- what adults don't like tomatoes? I thought that it was a requirement for passage from childhood (when it's allowed) to adulthood. Anyway, you're entry made me laugh.

22 April, 2006 08:38  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great idea, I am trying that!

23 April, 2006 10:34  
Blogger Jen said...

LOL! I'll have to remember that...seems like lately, I'm having to chop my veggies to the oblivion to disguise them!

24 April, 2006 17:20  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's *priceless.* I don't know when it happened, but I've come to adore little kids. I have a three-year old nephew that I always seem to get cute little comments from him. Take care now...

06 May, 2006 14:42  

Post a Comment

<< Home