Monday, August 07, 2006

What I've Learned This Summer (so far)

I've been so proud of our beautiful lawn this year. We hired a lawn company to fertilize and weed, and I've dutifully watered through these triple-digit temps.

Our lawn is amazing. It's green. It's lush. And it's STILL FREAKING GROWING.

All around us, the neighbors have stopped mowing as their lawns are all brown. But oh no, not me. I stupidly thought a pretty lawn was IMPORTANT back when the warmest temps were low 80's. Now that it's 100+, who STILL HAS TO MOW THE DAMN YARD?

Certainly isn't my smart neighbor who's not only saved a ton on water and fertilizer, but also gets to sit inside and sip cool drinks while I see how fast the mower will go in an attempt to get a breeze happening.....

**sigh**

I think the heat is going to my head. Actually, I know it is, as this morning I found myself WANTING to run instead of taking it easy in the heat and walking in an attempt to get a cool breeze happening against my sweaty skin. There's something seriously wrong with that. :D

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go move the sprinkler.

3 Comments:

Blogger LisserB said...

Are you going to run through the sprinkler when you move it? I bet you have the prettiest house in the neighborhood though.

Melissa

07 August, 2006 10:58  
Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Cool. Thanks for making me feel better about our dead icky grass! No mowing required, less gas!!

07 August, 2006 14:40  
Blogger Stina said...

I hear you on the dead, brown grass... We have a sprinkler system on a timer so it's a piece of cake to water the lawn.

But DH over fertilized part of it. So part of the lawn is brown from that. Plus we're entering the start of the brown season in Calgary- it's hot and dry and, well, that just isn't good for grass!

I'm sure your lawn is the nicest on the block :). Good job!! TTYL

08 August, 2006 09:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home