Monday, August 21, 2006

You know it's going to be a long day....

I got up late. Jumped out of the shower, squinted at the clock, which I thought read 6:54am, and put my contacts in. As I did, I realized GMA had come on, which meant it was 7am or later.... and as I ran in complete nakedness for some underwear, I heard my first daycare kid at the front door.

S thought this was all very funny from his ringside seat.

My bra(s?) are all wet and in the wash. I forgot to hang them up last night. My shorts are filthy. I hear them knocking again. JEEZ, people, you like NEVER come before 7:05 these days - how did you know I was running late today? So I yank on a pair of fleece pajama bottoms (did I mention it's 80F already?) and throw on a t-shirt. I look simply ravishing. Hair unbrushed, braless.... definitely the clean, together look I strive for in the morning. **sigh**

But it gets better. I haul my braless, pajama clad self outside to start the sprinklers, completely forgetting that I mowed the yard yesterday. See, we don't have a bag on the riding mower, so the clippings are simply spread all over the yard. Not a good thing when the grass is dewey and you're wearing long pants... and have all the hoses hooked up to sprinklers! But I did manage to get sprinklers turned on without soaking myself, which is good. I did, however, turn my just-showered feet into something reminiscent of the Hulk..... but hey, the bottom of my jammies matched as well. Matter of fact, it appeared they had sprouted green hair. Fashion statement, perhaps?

Meanwhile, S has been loose in the house. In the approximately 8 seconds I was outside (ok, it was more like 3 minutes), he's managed to overturn my 54oz water cup, knock over the lamp, dump the container of breastpads on the floor, and get ahold of the TV remote. He was calmly sitting in front of the television in the living room with SIX channels playing on the TV. HOW THE HECK DID HE DO THAT? I know the install guy said it does picture in picture, but we've never been able to figure it out... yet my not-quite-1yo son does it? Insane... and further proof that you must be under age 10 to operate any kind of television device. ;)

He's soaked from the water. I stupidly picked him up, and now *I* am soaked from the water. Yet when he happily proclaims "Dad!", I can't help but laugh.

And did I mention we're out of coffee? **sigh**

3 Comments:

Blogger Stina said...

I hope the rest of your day went better :). Good Luck tomorrow!

It's Lochlan's first afternoon at daycare tomorrow. I'm worried he's going to be too loud... I'm dumb, I know. TTYL

21 August, 2006 21:53  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA....how dare you run out of coffee!!

22 August, 2006 15:39  
Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Sorry! Those days do happen, but thankfully, not all the time! At least you got to use a reference to the Incredible Hulk in your post! That's something, right?

22 August, 2006 22:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home