Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The honesty of a child.....

We had the opportunity last week to see the Body Worlds 3 exhibit last week. It was pretty incredible, most definitely worth going to see, IMO.

When we got to Science World and went to pay our admission, an employee took one look at the children and informed me they absolutely should not see it. I had already gone online and read the FAQ and decided to take them. We didn't tell them up front that these were cadavers, but rather, chose to take the "just answer what is asked" questions. Both the girls are interested in their bodies and what is happening INSIDE, so I thought this would be a perfect display for them to see.

Once we entered the exhibit, we checked out some bones, complete with cross-sections, ligaments, and musculature. It was AMAZING, and the girls seemed intrigued by it all, especially when I showed them what part of THEIR body we were looking at.

Moving along to an actual human body, I held my breath a little as I waited for comments from the girls. None were to be had, short of "wow". So we moved on.

The next exhibit was a man standing, holding his entire skin in one hand. A seemed particularly interested in this one and moved right up to the glass for a better look. I wondered briefly what she was thinking as she stared intently. I didn't wonder too long.

She stared intently and then piped up with "That's his penis hanging down!" before she walked away.

I love that kid.

2 Comments:

Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Wow, you are brave! I don't know that I would personally want to see it myself, but I can totally picture my oldest being really interested in it. Way to go, Mom.

28 December, 2006 10:02  
Blogger MB said...

Where are you? I'm finally back online and you've disappeared?!

Miss you...

03 January, 2007 08:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home