Sunday, December 03, 2006

There's something about snow...

that makes kids go crazy. I'm not really sure what it is.

Despite living in a place that generally has ice storms followed by a dusting of snow, followed by warming back up, we were graced with an ice storm that preceded blizzard warnings. In the morning, there was a foot of snow on the ground and two most delighted little girls in the now-toasty kitchen.

They wanted to go outside NOW. Nevermind that it was 7F. Forget the fact that they really don't have proper snow clothes. They wanted out.

So I managed to deter them the better part of the morning while temps rose to near freezing, then gave in and bundled them up. We dug out the sled and headed up to the neighbor's (who had invited us for chili and hotdogs!), armed with a plate of freshly baked brownies. And the Canadian blood in my children truely came out - H was whizzing down the hill on the sled in no time! A, however, preferred her bottom, despite not having on waterproof pants.

Did you ever watch "A Christmas Story"? Remember the scene where the little boy in the snowsuit falls over and can't get up? That was poor A... and being the terrific mother I am, I couldn't stop laughing long enough to walk back DOWN the hill and pick her up.

I did, however, snap a picture. Which I may post later on.

Today, however, the girls are back at the neighbor's with their father, sliding with their little friend. S and I are home in the toasty warm kitchen. I've got a pan of brownies in the oven and they are just starting to smell divine. Christmas presents are wrapped and under the tree (as is the stupid cat, who believes it is wrong to lie ON the tree skirt and feels he must be under it at all times!).

I don't think it could get much better than this.

1 Comments:

Blogger pithydithy said...

Oh, that is one of the best movie scenes of all time! Could she put her arms down?

13 December, 2006 05:57  

Post a Comment

<< Home