Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Conversations with two year olds

L: Got a boo boo here!
Me: Oh yeah? Lemme see.
L: And here.... and here.... and HERE!
Me: Did you fall down?
L: Mommy did it! You see her boo boo?
Me: Nooooo....
L: Farley did it. Champ did it. Kota did it. (her dogs) **giggles**
Me: Did you fall down?
L: Yeah, I fall down. See my boo boo?

It's like being stuck in drive in a traffic circle, I tell ya!


R: Daddy sleep.
Me: Daddy sleeps? Does Daddy sleep in his bed?
R: No, Daddy sleep garage!
Me: Daddy sleeps in the garage?
R: Yeah! And Mommy!
Me: Mommy AND Daddy sleep in the garage?
R: Yeah! **claps wildly**
Me: And where does R sleep? Do you sleep in the garage too?
R: NO! You silly. R sleep in R room!

Now when I recanted this conversation to his mom, she laughed and asked him to tell me where he REALLY sleeps... cuz she says more often than not, he wants to get into bed with them... which is most certainly NOT in the garage!


Moving right along to 5yo H, from yesterday on the way to school:
H: Mom, if there's 22 songs, and it's on song 5, then there are 17 songs left.
Me: Right, H, how do you know these things?
H: It's just in my head and tells me the answer.
Me: All righty then.
H: It's cuz I'm naturally smart.
Me: (muttering) yeah, naturally smart mouthed, that's for sure...
H: I must take after you, huh mom?
Me: Something like that.
H: Except I'm smarter than you, ya know.
Me: I'm figuring that out.

And come to think of it, she's probably right. But this is a good thing... isn't it? :)

2 Comments:

Blogger MB said...

Smartie pants.

And she DOES totally get it from you BTW.

25 October, 2006 18:54  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, no, no... she SO get's it from ME! :P

26 October, 2006 07:32  

Post a Comment

<< Home