Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Things you shouldn't mutter under your breath


We were late again last night. It was our anniversary and H had soccer practice. We just had takeout for dinner, but still, it was 9:30pm by the time the girls were going to bed.

I was cleaning out the guineapigs as R read H her bedtime story. On tap last night was her favorite book - "Why?". As I sat on the floor, R read "Why do cats eyes shine at night?".

I muttered under my breath, "Because someone shoved a flashlight up their ass" as I shoved Samson away from where he was trying to help me with the pigs.

R laughed.

H said, "What, Momma?".

I stupidly thought that was the end of it.

On the way to school today, H asks me, "Do cats have lights in their bums to make their eyes shine?".

I'll never learn.

(that is Blackberry, by the way. She's a little sweetie!)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, I almost snarfed coffee through my nose!!

31 August, 2006 07:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home