Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Why girls should not wear dresses

Or perhaps I should call this "Thinking Outside the Box".

H came home from school to today with a "ME Flower". They are doing "Getting to Know You" in kindergarten this week. The ME Flower was a flower with several petals on it, and they were to color petal 1 with the color of their shirt, petal 2 with the color of their pants, petal 3 with the color of their eyes, and so forth.

H wore a red & white striped dress to school today. No shirt. No pants.

So upon looking at her colored flower, I asked her how she chose the colors for her flower.

Petal 1 - the shirt - was colored red. She said she just chose red and didn't want to do red & white stripes.

Fair enough.

Petal 2 - the pants - was colored pink. I hesitated momentarily, then asked why she chose pink.

My darling daughter yanked up her dress and SHOWED me why she chose pink.

"CUZ MY PANTIES ARE PINK, MOM, WHY DO YOU THINK?"

Well of course. How could I be so dense? :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOLOL!! And now her whole class knows too!

31 August, 2006 07:45  

Post a Comment

<< Home