Monday, May 22, 2006

My eyes!! My EYES!!

I started running again this morning, or perhaps I should say attempting to run. I really didn't run very far - a whole 6 minutes, or just over half a mile - before I wanted to lie down and die, but I did make myself walk at a good clip.

When I started, I remembered how much I enjoy getting up and having some ME time in the morning. It was reasonably cool at 70F, smelled good, and the sun was just coming up. The neighborhood was quiet. Molly and I jogged and walked and really enjoyed the time.

Then it happened.

As I headed towards the last hill down towards our street, I heard a door open. I glanced towards the sound and saw a guy walk out the front door of his house dressed only in swim trunks, or what appeared to be swim trunks. Keep in mind this is 6am. In his hand was a beer bottle, which he took a drink from. He then proceeded to get a full garbage bag from the garage and take it around the side of the house to the trashcan, finishing off the beer as he went.

As he tossed it in the trash (bag and now-empty bottle), he turned and saw me walking past. I smiled and said good morning. He looked like he wanted to go hide.

But it gets better.

Across the street from him, another door opened, and out came a rather rotund old guy. Wearing nothing but boxers. It was not pretty.

Alas, if nothing else, they made me want to run (home) again.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Gotta love the rednecks! LMAO!

22 May, 2006 13:14  
Blogger MB said...

OH MY. LMAO.

23 May, 2006 11:02  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should be allowed amnesty for actions taken before 8AM.

My first synapse doesn't even fire off until after I've been awake for 45 minutes.

23 May, 2006 22:34  
Blogger Stina said...

How come some people can't seem to grasp the concept of a ROBE!!!

Have your eyes recovered yet :).

TTYL

25 May, 2006 09:50  

Post a Comment

<< Home